This is also a great recipe to uncouple your mitochondria. It is because this Broccoli Soup recipe has rich polyphenol content in the ingredients. Served with creamy goat cheese and Plantain Chips made with coconut oil and Himalayan pink salt. Cheese is optional and plantain chips is optional.
If you are vegan, then you can skip the cheese part.
Why this is called Immune-Boosting Soup?
Broccoli soup is also known as immune-boosting soup. It is because all 3 main ingredients broccoli, garlic, and parsley contain vitamin c.
Furthermore, the ingredients are antioxidant rich and the seasoning herbs are packed with polyphenols.
Watch step by step video
Making Steps of Broccoli Soup Recipe
Step 1. Bring to boil 4 1/2 cups of water
- Add 6 cups of organic broccoli florets (i buy it @ trader joe’s )
- 5 Cloves of garlic – cut into small pcs
- 2 1/4 teaspoon of iodized sea salt
- Boil for 5 min
Step 2. Add chopped parsley
In 4 min add 1/2 cup of chopped parsley. Now boil it for another 1 min, and turn off the stove.
Step 3. Seasoning
Season the whole cooked dish with the following ingredients.
- 4 TBL spoon of olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/2 or a little more ground turmeric
- 1/2 of large lemon juice or 1 small fresh lemon juice
- 3 dash of cayenne pepper
Step 4. Blend
Blend it with a hand blender to ensure perfect blending.
Step 5. Serve
- You can serve it with goat cheese and plantain chips made with coconut oil and Himalayan pink salt.
- It goes well with this soup
You can also add creamy goat cheese to the soup. The best creamy goat cheese that I like so far is chevre creamy goat cheese sold at trader joe’s.
Is Cheese Broccoli Soup Perfect for Keto?
If you are on a keto diet please have a very little amount of plantain chips or skip it. But, if you are vegan please skip the cheese.
Uncouple Mitochondria With Polyphenol Rich Spices
This soup and goat cheese contains mitochondrial uncouplers because of the polyphenol content in turmeric, black pepper, cloves, parsley, olive oil, and broccoli.
You need to use dark color green broccoli.
The immune-boosting broccoli soup has anti-inflammatory properties. The soup is food as well as medicine. However, the used ingredients have many other healthier benefits. Some nutritional and healthier benefits are below.
- Broccoli – has vitamin c. it also has loads of fiber and plenty of other antioxidants that keep inflammation down.
- Broccoli – has vitamin k, iron, and potassium.
- Parsley- provides magnesium, sulfur, iron, zinc, manganese, selenium, iodine, and calcium. In addition, parsley is rich in vitamin c and other antioxidants. It may help to reduce the risk of serious health conditions like diabetes, stroke, heart disease, and cancer.
Garlic- is rich in vitamin c, vitamin b6, and manganese.