Fermented Jicama recipe is wonderful and beneficial for your gut health. Fermented Jicama is a prebiotic-rich food.
Pickled jicama can be taken as a condiment with every meal, or just by itself with extra virgin olive oil, fantastic with salads. I love it by itself with drizzled olive oil. You will enjoy this fermented Jicama a lot. I often make lunch with leafy greens, fermented jicama, few spoons of sorghum olive oil and iodized sea salt , it is just fantastic lunch idea.
Fermented Jicama – perfect Prebiotic Food!
- Jicama is a prebiotic food that feeds good bacteria in your gut.
- Jicama is one of the healthiest foods to include in your healthy lifestyle.
- It’s high in fiber and antioxidants, which may provide great health benefits, including improved digestion, weight loss, and a reduced risk of disease
- Jicama is also tasty and crunchy and can be eaten by itself or paired with many other vegetables.
How to Make Fermented Jicama
Normally, fermentation depends upon the fermented food. But, the fermented jicama recipe takes almost 6-7 days for fermentation. This fermentation period boosts the nutritional value of jicama and improves the overall texture of the fermented jicama.
Ingredients for 1 med size jar
- 1 cup of jicama – peeled jicama available at trader joe’s
- About 1/2 cup of carrots
- 3 tablespoons of red onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 tbl spoons of organic cilantro – optional
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of Celtic sea salt or pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 lemon juice
Combine jicama, carrots, onions, garlic and cilantro in the jar
In the cup with filtered water add salt, black pepper, and lemon juice, and mix. Pour this water over the vegetables in the jar.
Keep it at room temperature for about 6-7 days. After opening the jar keep it in the fridge
How to Cook Fermented Jicama Easy Recipe
The making of the fermented jicama recipe is super-quick and easy.
Please watch step by step video of fermented jicama.
This serving makes 1 medium size jar. You can serve it with some drizzled olive or with just anything.
Eat your food as medicine and love food that loves you back.
So, What is jicama?
- Prebiotic fiber – prebiotic fibers feed your “good” bacteria and keep your immunity up.
- Vitamin C
- Good for the immune system
- Potassium: Promotes a healthy heart and kidneys
- Folate (B9)
Jicama Good for Gut good bacteria
Jicama is a prebiotic food that feeds your good gut bacteria. Jicama Is good for your eyes and skin. Lessens inflammation in your body, which can cause arthritis and other diseases. Contains Vitamin B-6. this key vitamin, which supports your brain and nerves, forms red blood cells, and turns protein into energy.
Jicama contains numerous type of prebiotic fibers that is the source of beneficial gut bacteria. Healthy gut bacteria that Jicama fermented produce lowers the risk of obesity, heart diseases, and other health problems.
✅ If you are new to lectin free lifestyle Educate yourself with 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐱 𝐂𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤
▶ this is my favorite book and that’s how I started
✅ 𝐆𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐘 𝐌𝐃 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 – discounted link 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐌𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐒 – 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞:
( I became an ambassador to offer my followers better price – here is a discounted link for the only supplement brand i completely trust because of the results i achieved on myself – there is nothing like Gundry MD and i tried many.
https://bit.ly/3yqChjw This discounted link is for entire Gundry MD Products )